With modern technology, there are multiple teeth replacement options, including dental implants, dentures, and bridges. The implants are inserted surgically into the jawbone. The titanium screw acts as root with a crown fitted on top. Advantages of dental implants include:
• Prevent & minimize bone loss – since implants transmit the chewing forces to your jawbone, it aids in maintaining your bone and facial structure. Remember, without your teeth, the chewing force might result in the loss of facial structure and the shifting of teeth.
• Preserve the surrounding teeth – with an implant in place; the adjacent teeth are not damaged. This is crucial because if you have a missing tooth, the chances of damaging your teeth are high. Ergo, instead of taking the risk, getting a dental implant is recommended.
• Eating with ease – whether you will get permanent or temporary implants, you will have an easier time eating. Dental implants function like your own teeth. Hence, you can enjoy all your favorite foods without feeling any pain.
• Comfort – patients who have had dental implants feel more comfortable talking and smiling with friends, colleagues, and family members. It is an ideal solution for most people.
• Increases self-esteem – losing your teeth is a big deal, and some people might lose their self-esteem if they do not get a faster solution. Imagine losing your front teeth in an accident, and you have to live toothless for the rest of your life? With dental implants, you will get your smile back and protect your face’s structure. As a result, you will feel better about yourself, thus increasing your self-esteem.
• Proven quality – if an experienced dentist did your dental implant procedure, there is a high chance you will get the best services. Usually, high-quality implants look great, and they last a lifetime.
It is crucial to research for a local dentist with good reviews and a good track record if you want to have dental implants. Finally, getting referrals from close friends or family is a good option.