A rifle refers to a long-barreled portable firearm that you use to shoot in the long-range. The barrel usually has rifling that makes it possible for the bullet to spin and then stabilize as it’s being fired. When shooting you have to hold it with both hands as you brace it against the shoulder to be stable. Rifles are mostly used during wars, for hunting, as well as to enforce the law in other instances. Some people as well use them for shooting sports.
Some of the commonly used rifles are:
• Remington 700 SPS Bolt Action
It’s a gas-operated rifle. This type of rifle was developed in the Soviet Union. It’s a very popular model due to its reliability whereby it’s able to work under harsh conditions. It also cheap compared to other rifles developed from western countries.
Some of its features are:
• The AK-47 rifle weighs about 4.7 kg.
• It has a barrel length of about 415 mm.
• It has a rotating bolt that is capable of firing 600 bullets per minute
• It fires a cartridge at a speed of 710 meters per second
This type of rifle is very advanced in its design. The Remington 700 SPS Bolt Action gun has the following features:
• It has a 20-heavy barrel
• You’ll also find that it has an externally adjustable trigger on it
• This type of gun is made using a durable black metal
• Another special thing about this rifle is that it has a floor-plate magazine that is hinged
• It also has flash hiders that are threaded as well as a muzzle brake.
Rifles are important weapons that help us maintain security in times of wars or law enforcement duties.